[mythtv-users] Problem with Ubuntu upgrade

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 16:20:11 UTC 2010

On 22/10/2010 01:05, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Damian<myth at surr.co.uk>  wrote:

>>> The password field on the entry with % (that is a SQL wildcard)
>>> probably has a diferent password than the localhost entry ?  You can
>>> either cut and paste from the localhost entry into the % entry in
>>> phpmyadmin, or change it from the sql command line like previously
>>> posted.
>>

>> Thanks for that Greg,
>>
>> In phpmyadmin, I have entered the mythtv password everywhere that I can
>> enter it relating to the mythtv@% user (ie, reset the password to the one I
>> know was right before the upgrade) and granted all access. I have also added
>> mythconverg specific privileges specifically and granted all access.
>>
>> Do I have to add Table-specific privileges?
>>
>> mysql -u mythtv -p -h MythBox mythconverg
>>
>> still wont let me in.
>>
>> Anything else I can try?

>>> No - The '%' is everywhere

> I'm not very familiar with phpmyadmin.  It probably did not do a flush
> privileges since you just pasted the password in, so...
>
> mysql -u root -p mythconverg
> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"localhost" identified by "mythtv";
> flush privileges;
>
> use mysql;
> update user set Password=PASSWORD('mythtv') WHERE user='mythtv';
> flush privileges;
> \q
>
> That should do it..  You can try to just 'flush privileges' first to
> make it use the changes made in phpmyadmin regarding the password..
> Either way, if that still does not work, in /etc/my.conf (changes per
> distro), mythtv may be setup to only listen on localhost.  I believe
> it ships that way, but mythtv distros enable the network if you
> specify more than one machine.  I'm not 100% sure what yours is set to
> though..
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html  has good info.
> -Greg

I found the my.conf file in /etc/mysql/my.conf

What am i looking for? in there? I did a search for 'localhost' and
found this.

# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address		= 127.0.0.1
#

Is this the problem?
Thanks