[mythtv-users] Mac Mini as Frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 21 22:38:16 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 03:56:24 pm Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:47:12 -0600, beww at beww.org said:
> > Are the Atom/ION units better choices for a F/E? Perhaps with an
> > external optical drive?
>
> The Asrock ION 330HT has nVidia graphics that can do VDPAU, includes a
> DVD writer, comes with a remote control, has HDMI, and runs Myth just
> fine. Even comes in white if you want.
>
> http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=ION%20330HT

I wasn't aware of that one, thanks.

I'm glad it has a "powered e-SATA port", I wasn't aware there was such a thing as an unpowered one :-)

More than I had hoped to spend, but it sure looks like it has everything I want. Wish I could buy it without WiFi or an
HDD, just hate to buy stuff I don't need.

"Paint similar to a Mercedes Benz" is a little overboard, some writer in marketing was a little too happy that day :-)

BTW - I have a case with a "high gloss piano black" finish, an optical mouse will not work on it.

DTS decoding is certainly a plus.

Thanks again.