[mythtv-users] Mac Mini as Frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 21 22:18:40 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 03:51:08 pm Andrew Close wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > Looks like Apple just can't make up their minds about graphics chips, or,
> > for that matter, CPUs.
> >
> > I know keeping compatibility with older x86 CPUs has caused problems for
> > Windows and Linux, but Apple's "heck with the customer" attitude bothers
> > me, a machine I bought new less than 5 years ago should not be virtually
> > abandoned by its maker, who basically tells me "you just have to
> > upgrade". I am a customer, not a continuing revenue stream.
>
> your G4 machine no longer works?  my G4 powerbook still runs fine.

It works just fine, under Linux, but is no longer supported by the latest version(s) of the OS that came with it.

I guess I am no longer worthy of Apple's latest features, since I am not continuing to send them sufficient money, even
though I paid for each upgrade that would actually work.

Kubuntu does support the machine, including all the latest features, but not Apple.

This is not the way to treat customers who paid full price for a brand-new product. Ten years, I could understand, but not
less than 5.

Plus, they continued to bill me for a service I no longer use, after telling me (in writing) that they would cease to do
so.

I guess I know what their priorities are.