[mythtv-users] export mythconverg's epg

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 21 20:59:38 UTC 2010

  On 10/21/2010 04:45 PM, belcampo wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>  On 10/21/2010 06:24 AM, belcampo wrote:
>>> I'm receiving my EPG data by EIT from DVB-S. What mysql command
>>> would I need to export my EPG-data to be able to use it in an NON
>>> DVB backend with NO internet connection.
>>
>> Are you planning to use it in a MythTV system?  If so, you really
>> need to look into tv_grab_dvb or or tvgrabeit (which seems to be
>> called tv_grab_dvb_plus, now) to run on your DVB system, so the data
>> can be inserted properly into the other system.
> I could use the tv_grab_??? options to get it, but I thought it
> would/could be simpler because I allready have the needed epg-data in
> my own system, extracting them from mythconverg and putting them
> 'more-easy' to the other system. In fact I was looking for the
> opposite of tv_grab/mythfilldatabase function.
> Get an epg.xml out of the existing mythconverg database, or extract
> the needed sql-tables from it.

MythTV isn't a listings grabber, so pulling XMLTV from it is not
supported.  The database is structure for use by MythTV and there are
many tables involved, so if there were any differences,
dumping/restoring tables would just result in putting garbage into the
database and/or corrupting data.

You could get the listings in XML through MythXML, but it's not XMLTV
format XML--it's XML meant for use by client programs for displaying a UI.

tv_grab_dvb or equivalent is the easiest approach.  The end result you
need is XMLTV from EIT data--and can use the same data on both systems.
That's exactly what those scripts are designed to do.

Mike