[mythtv-users] Zotac D510 ION barebones on Newegg 2010-10-21

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 21 14:33:58 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 21, 2010 08:15:46 am Steven Adeff wrote:

> yes, but their prices are great, especially when they have sales.
> Their customer support is also top notch, and the website is easy to
> navigate and you can at least search through the reviews, and I'd
> rather have a lot of reviews with the occasional gamer perspective
> than no reviews.
>
> I'm a big fan of the newegg.

I am aware of some questionable practices, like granting credit to minors, and people who probably shouldn't have been
extended credit. Also changing the terms on already-purchased items. While perhaps legal (due to the microprint in the
contract), it's taking advantage of unsophisticated borrowers IMHO. In the cases of the minors, the borrowers may have
misrepresented their ages, but it's up to the lender to verify such information. Anyone who lends money to teenagers with
no credit history better be prepared for a lot of defaults.

I'll buy from them if they have the best price, or if I can't find the item elsewhere, but I would definitely not go to them
first.

Plus, the reviews make for humorous reading.