[mythtv-users] Problem with Ubuntu upgrade

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 08:59:00 UTC 2010

>> Maybe you need to make sure of the following:
>>
>> 1) You have your mythtv configuration files configured properly with
>> the correct mythtv DB credentials.  There are numerous files to check
>> here.
>> 2) Is your mysql binding to the correct network address and allowing
>> connections from within your LAN.
>>
>> Those are the sorts of things that screwed me over when I installed
>> 10.04.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Whytey
>
> Thanks for getting back to me Whytey,
>
> My understanding goes as far as agreeing with what needs to be done,
> but I have no idea what to actually check/change or how to go about
> it. What should I do next?
>
> Damian

Has this list gone quiet recently?
Or are people away on holiday?
Or have I been put on people's 'ignore' list because I've asked a couple
of 'Off Topic' questions in the past?

I know you shouldn't 'expect' people to help you in a newsgroup, but my
experience in the past has been as soon as I ask something in here I get
3 or 4 people eagerly suggesting what to try next, and my wife is
watching her favourite programs again in a day or two.

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this both in here and in the
Ubuntu Forums and although my problem has become a bit clearer to me (I
think .. unless I'm wrong), over the last few days, I don't seem any
closer to a solution.

Maybe I need to pull the plug and install from scratch? That'd probably
be the quickest thing to do, but I'd lose some important stuff like a
recording of my family when they were on TV at a festival and a 3 whole
series of TV programs that I was one of the animators on.

Damian