[mythtv-users] need suggestions for remote for frontend

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:53:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2010, at 2:02 PM, Ryan Duffy wrote:
>
> > ok, ok. You win ;)
> >
> > I did mention I'm in the UK, but you've given me a link to the US amazon
> site. However a search by model number gave me this one for the UK, which
> looks the same:
> >

> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noah-Company-MediaGate-GP-IR02BK-Ultimate/dp/B000W5GK5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287581416&sr=8-1
> >
> > I'm a bit miffed that it costs 1.6x as much as the US one, but such is
> life.

Didn't realize you were in the UK.  It is odd how prices are so different
over there.

Back on topic though - as an FYI to other looking at remotes, I had
previously ordered this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Control-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate/dp/B00224ZDFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287604325&sr=8-1

However it was a knockoff of the real remote (or version 1) so it would
almost work, but many buttons would not function as intended despite a fair
amount of time configuring it.