[mythtv-users] Subtitle then Description duplication check giving surprising results

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Oct 20 10:19:17 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 18 October 2010 11:12, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> As I mentioned elsewhere, it seems that there is a problem whereby the
>> tarball only installs into $PREFIX/local/bin whereas init.d files don't have
>> that in their path so I was picking up the wrong version. I manually edited
>> the Makefile and rebuilt it so all is now (apparently) well.
>
> Mike,
>
> Could you provide details of the makefile command you ran.
>
> Running:
>
> $ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr
>
> should configure the build to put everything
> (executables/libraries/documentation) under /usr (although I'm
> surprised /usr/local/bin is not in the path).

Exactly that. I inspected the Makefile and discovered that it still generated
/usr/local/* directories, so I tried it again with a trailing slash as described
in the build instructions, same result. I've grepped through looking for
occurences of 'local' to see what's happening and found nothing relevant.

I need to do some work on exactly how and where the PATH gets set for jobs run
by init, but did I mention there's a lot else going on? I'm doing my best but it
will take me a while. Meanwhile my schedules turn into a pumpkin in five days so
I have an incentive to solve this one.

--

Mike Perkins