[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Oct 20 10:12:09 UTC 2010

Sven Bretfeld wrote:

> Apparently only one source should request EIT data. I didn't know that
> and have never read that. It's not quite clear to me if I made an
> obvious mistake or if this is a bug. I thought every source needs to
> scan for EIT autonomously, but that's not necessary as the EIT data of
> one source is passed on to the other sources. And obviously scanning for
> EIT data with more than one card can cause problems.

A clarification here - by "source" above I presume you actually mean "tuner".
Not even "card" as a card may contain more than one tuner. A "source" in mythtv
parlance is something quite different.

If you have more than one source (mythtv definition) defined, it is axiomatic
that they will describe sets of channels with little or no overlap (otherwise
there's little point). That means that EIT data on one source is very likely to
have no information on the programming for other sources.

I think that you are describing multiple tuners connected to the same source here.

Just to clarify.

--

Mike Perkins