[mythtv-users] v4l Drivers

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Wed Oct 20 03:55:22 UTC 2010

  On 10/19/2010 5:08 PM, mike at grounded.net wrote:
> I don't want to break my setup so does anyone have any thoughts on this?

You're not getting sound from recordings made via the Hauppauge
HVR-1600, correct?  I only have some general troubleshooting tips to give:

1. Make sure you can output sound from another program, like mplayer,
playing a different clip, one you know has sound.
2. Play a recording from the HVR-1600 using the same media player that
produced sound in step one, to make sure the recording itself is missing
sound, and it isn't some other problem.

If you've already done this, my apologies, I haven't read through every
message in your other threads, they are a bit long.