[mythtv-users] Recording BBC dvb-t red button stuff

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Oct 19 15:43:15 UTC 2010

On 19 Oct 2010, at 17:21, John Pilkington wrote:

> Hi: Last night I scheduled a recording labelled 'Horizon' on channel 301 which was linked to that programme on BBC2  The eit guide had it extending from 1900 to 2300 and the file size came out at around 6GB. It contained one repeated 'Merlin Heroes Quiz' loop of 10m30s followed by a 'Horizon' loop of length around 15m.  Both loops offered buttons to press but I don't know what might have happened.  The filesize of an extracted single view of the Horizon loop with sound is 181MB.
>
> Is there a more accurate way of setting this up?  I'm running 0.23-fixes.

It's been pretty accurate for me, recording F1 alternate video channels, olympic sailing amongst others, some of my record rules find interesting things on there from time to time. The epg comes from eit as you stated so it sounds like auntie bbc messed up the timings in your example, so not a lot can be done about that. I think you were just unlucky but I haven't recorded this type of interactive tv before, it might be normal.

I'm amazed enough that they bother to have an eit stream at all for this channel, never mind it being accurate.

Andre