[mythtv-users] VGA verses HDMI

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Oct 19 15:34:05 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 09:20:15 am Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 10:17 AM, George Poulson wrote:
> > On 19 October 2010 16:07, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net <mailto:bkamen at benjammin.net>> wrote:
> >     Someone gave me a 42" Toshiba LCD ...
> >
> > No-one *ever* gives me anything like that :-(
>
> To make a long story short: I used to be called "fixer of broken things" at
> a previous employement. So it was on my email .sig's as a joke. It carried
> to a new job... and got around.
>
> This TV died -- (firmware corruption) so my colleague gave it to me and he
> just went out to buy a new one. I did manage to fix it. (I "blogged" about
> it on my website)
>
> But otherwise, it was broken when I got it.. so maybe it wasn't exactly
> free.
>
> Just be known as the guy who "fixed stuff" -- and trust me, people come. :D

Back when I worked in the maintenance shop at a TV station we had a monitor that was a real bugger, no matter what we did
we couldn't get it working.

So we finally dumped it in the dumpster in the parking lot.

Of course the next day one of the building maintenance staff came waltzing into the shop with this thing on a cart, wanting
to know if we would fix it for him.

The funny thing is, we did.