[mythtv-users] v4l Drivers

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Tue Oct 19 05:55:59 UTC 2010

  On 10/18/2010 7:59 PM, mike at grounded.net wrote:
>>   I believe it was suggested that in order to get audio working on the 1600,
>>   that one needs to follow the wiki notes.
> I also found this
>
> http://mythdora.com/?q=node/5526
>
> But it's not clear to me if I need to install a v4l driver or if it's already there and just needs to be configured or?

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

Try just "make" then "sudo make install".

Also, I didn't see anything on any of the wiki pages indicating that a
driver newer than what's in the most recent kernel is needed to get
audio working.  Are you sure you need to build the very latest drivers
(which may not be any newer than what's in 2.6.35)?

If I recall from one of your other threads, you were having an audio
output problem, you were getting audio out of the analog stereo jacks on
the back of the computer, but nothing over HDMI.  Is that correct?