[mythtv-users] Problem with Ubuntu upgrade

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 19:53:42 UTC 2010

  Hello all,

I just updated my Ubuntu to the latest version.

During this process, it asked me questions about phpmyadmin and using
dbconfig-common to reconfigure it (or something like that!).
I tried to do as it wanted, but it repeatedly asked me for a password
and nothing I put in there worked. I tried the root password and the
mythtv password. I tried entering nothing and even tried historical
versions of the password that my keepass had saved, but nothing worked
so I had to skip the step.

Now MythTV doesn't seem to be able to access the database. It just
thinks that the backend isn't running (this is the master backend and
front end machine I'm talking about).

I have logged in to the mysql database via phpmyadmin and backed up the
database. I have also backed it up using

mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup.sql

(one of these backups is about 12 Mb and the other is about 14 Mb ..
don't know if that's relevant?)

What should I do from here?

The Mythbuntu Control centre seems to want me to select repositories and
re-run updates, but I feel like getting everything back on track before
I do anything else.

Oh yes, I should say that this is an Ubuntu system with Mythbuntu added
to it, not a pute Mythbuntu system.

Hope someone can help!

Cheers
Damian