[mythtv-users] DVB - W5 (4DTV) & KU/C-Band Question

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Oct 18 16:28:51 UTC 2010

> Nick may have called foul prematurely, but nine out of ten threads on
> this topic, he would have been correct.

I agree on both counts.

Like I said, I'm a valid subscriber to W5, I believe it used to be called 4DTV and am just hoping to find something better than the crummy old receiver they sell you with the service.
I know I certainly could talk more people into supporting such services if there was a modern PVR that came with it. I LOVE pushing alternative services to anyone I possibly can which gives us all choices in the long run. That's what I'm all about.

However, it's bad enough you need a big ugly 6' dish at minimum but no PVR AND having to buy an ugly old receive really sours the deal for anyone I've ever talked with.