[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Mon Oct 18 14:57:00 UTC 2010

Hi Bill and all others

Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> writes:

> There appeared to be some EIT activity that was duplicated.  You might
> try shutting EIT scanning off on the cards and channels temporarily.
> Then turn it back on one (if required.)

I think you've got it. I had set up both cards to request EIT data.
Yesterday evening, I once again reconfigured both sticks and deactivated
EIT for the second one (the problematic one). What then happened is
stunning. This morning when I tested what had happened over night, I
found the second stick still working, but now the first one had
vanished. That never happened before. I think we can infer that EIT is
the or part of the problem.

Now I let the second card look up the EIT data and deactivated it on the
first one, to see what happens. Up to now it's working since 7 hours
(what is a record).

Turning off all EIT scanning, is not an option, because, as far as I
know, there is no other Grabber available in Germany.

Greetings,

Sven