[mythtv-users] Control of / capture from UK VirginMedia HD STB

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Mon Oct 18 09:57:23 UTC 2010

My VirginMedia Scientific Atlanta 4200DVB STB died over the weekend and I'm told it'll be replaced tomorrow with a shiny, new V HD (not V+) box (Cisco 4585DVB, apparently).

The old 4200DVB was controlled by my Mythbox via a red-eye serial device (http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial) and AV captured as composite video + stereo audio by a HVR-4000 card.

Has anyone got any experience of controlling and/or capturing video from the new Cisco box?

I'm assuming that the composite + stereo will still be available via the SCART output (I'm already using a SCART -> 3xRCA convertor on the SA box) and that the IR control will use either the Pace/SA IRDA protocol or the RC-5 protocol used by (IIRC) the Samsung V+ box.

Any help/experience etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike