[mythtv-users] gt220 and 0.24

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 00:49:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11 October 2010 12:05, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the TV I am using to test .24 on is just that - a TV..
>> No digital (other than pcm) involved..  I have tried with and without
>> pcm checked in the new audio screen.  Same results.
>
> Then select the hdmi device that should show in the list of detected device.
> LPCM, AC3 and DTS should be unchecked
> So Stereo as speaker configuration will be selected.
>
> My guess is that the channel you are trying to play and having problem
> with are 5.1 ; when downmixed to stereo they will likely have
> different audio level than plain stereo ones.
> For AC3 content, myth let ffmpeg do the downmix and so far it hasn't
> shown to be that good..

I'm finally getting back around to this after getting my UI/ff/rew
unresponsiveness fixed.

This is exactly what is happening from about 5 recordings I have on
disk.  I used to use ttables and let alsa match channels to FL/FR for
everything.  It worked well I suppose - audio levels where ~90-95%
level across the board.  I can range from 25-60 (on the tv right now)
to get audible audio sometimes..  Quite a pain.

Would you recommendation be to go back to the way it was and use an
asoundrc to get to stereo again?

Thanks!