[mythtv-users] MythTV, HVR-1600 and TV rotor.

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Sun Oct 17 17:49:10 UTC 2010

Hi Dave,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 08:43:56PM -0400, Dave Day wrote:

>  I have a Bash script off the net that does a good job of
> controlling my TV antenna rotor from the command line.
>
> Like this:  /usr/local/bin/rotor.sh -c 57
>
> I expected that the HVR-1600 MythTV-setup "Inputs" screen
> would have a field where I would put the path to the shell
> script like you do for a cable set top box.
> Unfortunately it doesn't.  So how do I get MythTV to invoke
> my /usr/local/bin/rotor.sh script when I change channels???

As someone else already mentioned in response to your message, there is
no support for this currently. At some point someone filed a bug and
supplied a preliminary patch but it was never integrated:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4328

I would also benefit at some point from a mechanism to rotate an antenna
on channel change...

By the way, I'm curious to know what antenna rotor you are using since
I am looking into getting one (my attic antenna is not picking up well
some channels because of antenna orientation and I am hoping that
rotating the antenna on demand will fix this).

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-