[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Oct 17 13:27:32 UTC 2010

  On 10/17/2010 03:54 AM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> Bill Meek<keemllib at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> The attachment didn't make it.
>>
>> You can put it at: http://pastebin.ca/upload.php and post
>> the link to it here.
> Thank you very much. The URL is http://pastebin.ca/1964681
>
> I have now tested everything, including a new antenna. It is always the
> same. It works for a while. Both tuners have a good quality, both can
> record simulaneously. But after one or two hours the second stops
> getting a lock and never gets one again. No reboots involved, no
> recordings involved.
>
> Deleting all sources and setting them up freshly from scratch helps, but
> only for another one or two hours.
>
> I have the impression that some CRONJOB or something similar might be
> the cause. Is it possible that some automatic script mixes up the
> database?
>
> Greetings
>
> Sven

Sven,
     If you have a period of time when you don't have any recordings
scheduled,why not back up your Database then drop and create a new one?
If you then are still having problems, at least you will know it isn't
your DB... I know it would be a painful experience,but it would
eliminate the DB as the cause..
   I had a problem with my HD-PVR loosing connection a few months
ago,all the testing I had done and all the information I had read said
my DB was not corrupt... I dropped it and recreated it and the problem
went away.. It's worth the effort...