[mythtv-users] How to configure quick tune for one channel

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Oct 17 01:10:38 UTC 2010

On 10/16/2010 19:59, Jay Foster wrote:
> I have two different channels (ch A and ch B) that carry the same
> programming (This TV).  When I set up a recording for channel A, it
> records channel A.  When I set up a recording for channel B, it records
> channel A.  I think this is because the recording tuning is using the
> call sign to tune the channel, but both channels use the same call sign.

The 'quick tune' you refer to is how the selection of digital streams is
done.  Rather than waiting for the program table to tell it where a
stream is, it simply filters on where it should be.  If all goes well,
you're looking at a few fractions of a second faster tune than normal.
This is unnecessary for scheduled recordings, and has nothing to do with
your problem.

The scheduler matches channels based on number and callsign.  If those
match, MythTV will assume they are the same thing, and will schedule as
such.  That means it will use the first available tuner to record, which
seems to use the source with 'channel A'.  If the channels are not
actually the same, name them something different.  If one is higher
quality, either re-order your capture cards so it is first, or mark the
lesser quality channel as hidden.