[mythtv-users] How to configure quick tune for one channel

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 16 23:59:11 UTC 2010

I think I need to configure quick tuning for just one channel.  I can
see how to do this with mythtv backend setup, but only for an entire input.

I have two different channels (ch A and ch B) that carry the same
programming (This TV).  When I set up a recording for channel A, it
records channel A.  When I set up a recording for channel B, it records
channel A.  I think this is because the recording tuning is using the
call sign to tune the channel, but both channels use the same call sign.

When I use live TV, channel A tunes channel A and channel B tunes
channel B correctly.  Is there a way to configure channel B to use quick
tuning so recordings configured for channel B actually record channel B,
not channel A?

Jay