[mythtv-users] MythWeather for Spain

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 22:54:36 UTC 2010

Thanks to Pedro I have solved:

###
Hello Josu,

The BBC's script doesn't seem to work well for many spanish cities.
However, the BBC weather web page ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/)
gives correctly the weather forecast for many cities is Spain.

I found a way to get mythweather to show the forecast for my city (San
Sebastian), but i needed to manually edit the mythconverg database.
This is how I did it:

1) Firstly, follow the instructions that George gave you in a previous
post, and set a random city, for instance Biarritz in France. Select
the current weather conditions and/or the 3 day forecast. Be sure to
select the data from the BBC. Accu.com doesn't seem to work.

> Depending on what version of myth you are running, you just do something like this (on the frontend) :
>
> Main Menu -> Information Centre -> Weather -> then hit 'M' and choose which screens and which locations you want to see.
>
> I hope that helps - I will look at the wiki pages to see if the instructions can be improved.
>
> George

2) Then, go to the BBC's weather page (
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/) and search the weather forecast for
that village. Look at the code for that village. You'll see it at the
end of the URL ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/175?). In this
case is 175 for Biarritz.

3) Repeat the same procedure for the spanish city you want, and look
for its code. For San Sebastian is 2862.

4) Now, you should edit the weatherdatalayout table in mythconverg database:

4a) Open a terminal window, and stop the backend:

sudo service mythtv-backend stop

4b) Write the following command at the terminal window

mysql -u mythtv -pxxxx mythconverg

where xxxx is the password to access the database (don't write any
spaces between "p" and the password)

4c) Now, at the mysql prompt, write the following command to set the
code for the new location (don't forget the semicolon at the end of
the command):

update weatherdatalayout set location=”2862” where location=”175”;

4d) Exit from mysql. Just write exit at the mysql prompt.

4e) Start the backend

sudo service mythtv-backend start

And this is all. I hope it works for you Josu.

-------

Pedro Remiro

###

Thanks Pedro for all your help, best regards.

2010/10/12 Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I am trying to configure MythWeather to see the weather on my city.
>>
>> I read the wiki page but I didn't get any clear.
>>
>> I have these scripts:
>>
>> $ ls -l /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/
>> total 16
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-10-10 16:14 ca_envcan
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3801 2009-09-29 22:06 README
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-10-10 16:14 uk_bbc
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-10-10 16:14 us_nws
>>
>> I want to add the BBC world weather, where can I download the script?
>>
>> Thanks for all your help, best regards.
>
> If you would like to create a script, you will need to be sure to get
> the Terms of Service first.  If we aren't compliant, the script can't
> be added to the repository.
>
> Also, if you wait for 0.24 to be released, there are some sources
> available including yr.no and weather underground, so you may already
> be covered.

Josu Lazkano