[mythtv-users] Subtitle then Description duplication check giving surprising results

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Oct 16 16:38:37 UTC 2010

George Poulson wrote:
> On 16 October 2010 12:14, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> It is the *only* thing in this host installed into /usr/local/bin. I
>> decided that changing the PATH in /etc/init.d files to include
>> /usr/local/bin might introduce instabilities I didn't want, so I manually
>> modified the xmltv Makefile to install (overwrite) into /usr/bin instead of
>> /usr/local/bin and rebuilt it.
>>

> I'm afraid I took the easier way out and just moved the executable from
> /usr/local/bin to /usr/bin .. works fine :)

As did I; but as a consequence of redoing the make/make test/make install
process. I'm not familiar with perl, and I didn't want any slip-ups due to paths
being hard-coded during the make process becoming out of step. There was a query
about such matters on this list a couple of days ago. Don't forget, building
xmltv also installs a number of library files in various places. Including,
possibly, /usr/local/lib.

--

Mike Perkins