[mythtv-users] Gnome Panel Myth TV status indicator

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 01:47:57 UTC 2010

More Features!

I changed the tooltip so that it now displays what is currently recording, when those recordings will end, what will record next
(all recordings that will start at the same time) and when they will start.

The text in the tooltip is much better formatted now as well.

I have it showing the actual start & end times, not the times in the schedule, so if you have all your shows starting 5 minutes
early, 5 minutes before the scheduled program is what will show up in the tooltip.

Now there is a hard start time, and a soft "add extra time" option, I'm showing the hard start time, I could not figure out how
to get the time the recorder will actually start recording. For example, if a show starts at 9:00, and you have a hard offset of
5 minutes, and a soft offset at 3 minutes, if nothing else is recording, the show will start recording at 8:53. If something
else is recording, it will start recording at 8:55. The time I report is 8:55 for both.

I also wanted to add the tasks that the mythbackend is running (for example commercial flagging), but I could not figure out how
to get this information.

I think this is useful enough now that it should be added to the wiki, I looked at that but could not figure out how to add a
page so that it would properly show up in the index.