[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on different screens

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:52:14 UTC 2010

> I want to continue to work with the 17' screen, I want to choose which
> program start on the TV screen (mythfrontend, google earth, skype...).

Don't know if it's the best solution but it's what I do:

I have my two screens (one TV, on Monitor) setup as twinview in the
nvidia settings.
To start mythfrontend on my TV (Screen 1) I do this in a Terminal or script:
DISPLAY=:0.1 /usr/bin/mythfrontend

But be advised that you will lose the focus if you do things on the
other screen, meaning that some stuff with the remote doesn't get
recognized by the frontend and you have to click into the frontend
"window" (with the invisible pointer) to get the focus back.