[mythtv-users] How to record using specific tuners for various tuners

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Fri Oct 15 23:15:23 UTC 2010

On 10/15/2010 03:46 PM, Bryan Cromwell wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to record using specific tuners for various
> tuners when programs can be on various channels.  Here is what I am
> thinking,  Say I want to record ncis weekly, It is available on channel
> 103-3 over the air on qam tuner, channel 703 on on the hdtv firewire
> tuner and channel 3 on any of the other pvr tuners.

Look here for "Input preference / priority":

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Scheduling_Recordings#Priority

>   I would like to be able to use the best tuners first and when they are
> busy fall though to the old pvr500 tuners, but for the life of me I can
> figure out how to tell myth that 103-3 is only available on tuner a,
> channel 703 and 3 are available on tuner b, and tuner c can only handle
> channel 3.

This sounds like a slightly different problem - I think if you have
tuners that can tune different sets of channels, you might need to setup
a different lineup for each tuner - one for the QAM channels, another
for firewire, and I'm not sure what method of input you're using on the
PVR tuners.  Then, go into the backend setup and map the correct lineup
to each corresponding tuner.