[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 Upgrade and Pulse Audio?

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 15 22:40:52 UTC 2010

Hi Nico

Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 23:55 +0200, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
>> I have upgraded yesterday without bad things happening. Mythtv still
>> uses ALSA. I don't know about other applications. Possibly Mythbuntu
>> didn't switch to Pulseaudio in contrast to Ubuntu (which was on
>> Pulseaudio already some releases ago).
>
> Myth is set to put pulse on hold when starting, using ALSA instead, by
> default.
>
> If using Myth on a desktop machine as a secondary/tertiary frontend,
> while left at this default, it's funny when you close it and all the
> queued pulse sound events suddenly get played in rapid succession! Don't
> chat on Pidgin while watching something...

Yes, I hear that ten times a day (I'm doing all my watchings and
listenings with Myth). I tried to set Mythfrontend to Puleaudio:default
some months ago. That works in principle, but after some minutes the
sound crashed completely with a loud swoosh. At the moment I'm testing
if it works better with Maverick.

Greetings,

Sven