[mythtv-users] Off Topic: Creating DVD from VHS

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 17:38:55 UTC 2010

> I have home movies that I'd like to import onto my Ubuntu 10.04 box.  I
>> have a PVR-350 and PVR-250.  I was using a VLC script I cobbled together:
>>
>> v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video0 --set-input=1
>> vlc pvr:///dev/video0 ---sout-deinterlace-mode=Linear --sout
>> '#duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="/storage/test/homevid.mpg"},dst=display}'
>>
>> This will bring up VLC so I can see how the video is doing and also
>> outputs the file to homevid.mpg.
>>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/232857?search_string=change%20capture%20resolution;#232857
>

> --
> Enjoy the day,
>
> Cecil

Cecil,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm curious why dd would give me a better format
than VLC.  I mean, I'll try it when I get home, but from what I read, the
PVR-x50 series outputs stream errors regardless of source and that Myth does
some craziness to bring it back into sync (or just ignores the errors).  Am
I correct in saying that?  And by that post, I'm really not wanting to
integrate this with Myth in any way.  Thanks!

Jim