[mythtv-users] BackEnd Unresponsive After Deleting Recording 0.23.1 w/ new SBE

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:01:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Khanh Tran <khanh at khanh.net> wrote:

<snip>
> I wound up going back to r24996, setting the three tuners in my MBE to
> higher priority, and the one tuner in my SBE to the lowest.  This way, my
> SBE almost never records.  Additionally, I went back to compiling with
> --enable-proc-opt and disabling other options I don't use (like dvb and
> iptv).  I won't say that I've NEVER seen the "MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty"
> error, but I've only seen it once in about three or four weeks.
>
> I don't really know which of these actually is "helping", but I'm much more
> stable now.

I am the person who started this thread and this is where my system
is. So far in my quest to fix my MBE lockups I have moved to 0.24
trunk and applied the patches from ticket 8526. The move to trunk
resulted in fewer MBE lockups, but did not eliminate them. It is still
too early to tell if the patches from 8526 will solve my problem. I
have had the system running with the patches from 8526 for almost 48
hours without a lockup. I have had the system up for that amount of
time before though. If I can make it to a week then I will be more
optimistic. If my MBE stays up without a restart for 2 weeks I think I
could consider the problem to be fixed.

Cheers,
James