[mythtv-users] Subtitle then Description duplication check giving surprising results

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:41:19 UTC 2010

On 15 October 2010 10:28, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nick,
>
>> If a subtitle is provided, duplicates are matched using only the
>> subtitle, otherwise the description is used.
>
> Well that explains my problem.  Every episode has the same subtitle.
>
>> Sub-then-desc is what I've defaulted all new recording rules to for
>> quite some time now when using XMLTV/tv_grab_uk_rt data.
>
> Me too,  until recently.  It looks like, from your other post, that an
> xmltv upgrade will restore things (by removing the subtitle data).

The subtitle is only dropped if empty - the current version of the
grabber moves any series/episode numbering to the episode-num element
where it belongs. Valid subtitles are preserved and still work very
well for duplicate detection.

> That episode number in the new xmltv version you quoted
>
> <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">9.5/12.</episode-num>
>
>  looks like "Series 9 episode 5 of 12" , but the data I was gettting
> from the [removed] subtitle field said "Series 10".  Is that a bug or
> am I misreading something?

Sequential series/episode/part numbers are zero-indexed, totals are
indexed from one: the above episode numbering therefore represents
episode 6 of 12 from series 10. Confusing I know, but they are
interpreted correctly in MythTV and other software.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott