[mythtv-users] Cheap IR Blaster

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 14 15:09:41 UTC 2010

On Oct 14, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 14, 2010 08:12:46 am Raymond Norton wrote:
>>> That would be key, that it works with Myth. Can anyone confirm it does?
>>
>> I only know it says:
>>
>> "Compatible with Microsoft XP Media Center Edition Software".
>>
>> This *might* imply it is the same as the MCE stuff, but that might only be with some sort of custom driver for Windows.
>>
>> If anyone knows more I'm sure we'd all like to hear it.
>>

> The question is, does it work with LIRC? If so, then it will work with
> MythTV. I've found even though something may LOOK identical on the
> outside, the innards can be different, and incompatible.

I'm about 99% certain that's the original mceusb v1 transceiver with MS device ID (I have identical hardware at home), and its fully supported.

> I have three
> 'MCE' remotes with receivers, two of them work in LIRC, one does not
> (yet, the support is in LIRC trunk, but hasn't made it to any distros
> yet).

Huh? What exactly is "LIRC trunk", and what hasn't made it to any distros? All known mceusb devices are fully supported in Fedora, and have been for some time. :)

(Historically, there was "LIRC HEAD" in CVS, and now its "LIRC HEAD" in git.)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com