[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Oct 14 02:57:13 UTC 2010

I just know I'll get grief for this but come on, had to be tried :).

Before ordering a replacement 1600, I thought I would check it out one more time.
I looked at it a little close and found that it might not have been seated right.
So I shut things down, pulled the pvr-500 out, put the 1600 back in after cleaning it's inputs and voila, it shows up as it should now.

But, there's always a but it seems....

When I rebooted the machine, it would no longer go into X anymore and the main screen just sits there with a flashing cursor. I'm able to login using the second screen but then it gets even more fun. When I rebooted that very first time, the nvidia screen didn't show up that time. I figure that's because X isn't starting up, I hope, so that this part at least, isn't mysterious :).

I'd like to understand why changing the cards out would prevent X from starting.
Obviously, it could be something funky with that card but I doubt it since it was working before and it seems to have been a card seating issue. What else?

Mike