[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu Oct 14 02:08:21 UTC 2010

On 10/13/2010 9:49 PM, mike at grounded.net wrote:
> Where can I get an actual script for this card that I can stick on the system and have myth use it?

For OTA since you are using the tuner you don't need a script. This is
only needed when you use the composite or svideo inputs to get a signal
from an STB (set top box).

> I put the above in there for now.
> Not sure if or what to set Preset tuner to.

Leave it blank as instructed on the screen when this field as focus.

> Not sure if or what to set Starting channel to.

The channel you want to set it to by default.

>>   You mentioned you have no easy way to get schedule data, but you need to
>>   get it somehow. Here in the US we generally use
>>   Schedules Direct, but I can't help you with what's best for your neck of
>>   the woods. You need to fill the database somehow.
>>   Perhaps someone in your area can assist.
>
> You're in my relative area :). I have an account with Schedules Direct so I'm good. As I mentioned in another message, I've entered my account details in the Video source setup, in my Digital section. That's where I had it when I was using the 1600 at least.

As I said previously the PVR-500 does not have digital tuner, it's
analog only.

>>   Go to the main menu and select "Watch TV". If everything's working, you
>>   should have TV on your monitor.
>
> Guessing I need to restart the backend first. Yup, the front end seems to like having the back end up :).
> Then run mythfilldatabase to get things in there. Seems to complete as it should.
>
> So, are you saying I don't even need to scan in channels first, that somehow, the tuner will know?

The channel numbers will come from your Schedules Direct lineup.

> Then again, I'm not even sure if this tuner picks up the digital channels, maybe it's only picking up some old analog stuff.

As I said in another message, it doesn't... It only picks up analog stuff...

Oh, that's right... You are in the US... Only LP (Low Power) stations
still use analog in the US I believe so you won't get much...

> Ok, I'll look into these things and try them as well.
> Then again, maybe my problem is simple, and only to do with one or more settings in the back end at this point.

If you need to get (ATSC) Digital stations you won't get these with the
tuner PVR-500 no matter what you try.

The only way to get them would be to connect the PVR-500 to an external
ATSC tuner (like the ones the US govt was giving coupons for many months
ago) and send it IR codes and have a channel changer script.

Otherwise you need an ATSC tuner card (like you HVR-1600 for example or
an HD Homerun, etc...).

Nick