[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Oct 14 02:02:49 UTC 2010

> capture an ATSC signal.  As far as I know, you can't capture any OTA
> signal with this card within the US (and I am guessing the rest of the
> world, but I don't know).  What this card is useful for is capturing

> Not to be rude, but I am a little surprised that you did not know
> this.  You should make sure you are pretty familiar with the
> capabilities of what your hardware can do so you are not surprised
> when things don't work the way you expect (or ask the list questions
> on how to do the impossible).

I bought the pvr-500 cards based on list input about capture cards since I was looking down the road on using myth.

The other day when I was having problems and wanted to try another card, I pulled the 1600 and put one of these in. I hoped that the tuners might be the same but they aren't. That's ok, I never bought them for ATSC anyhow. I'll have to order a replacement 1600 since that one did the job nicely before it started acting up.

Since it's installed already, I'll feed it some composite video so I can continue building myth.