[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Oct 13 22:34:45 UTC 2010

>> The binary only would be the proprietary drivers from nvidia right?
>> So, are you trying to tell me that the drivers I just installed are
>> useless?
>>
> Yes.  An nVidia card with anything other than the proprietary nVidia
> drivers will be of no use with MythTV.

So there's that confusion cropping up again :).
I installed the PAE kmod version and saw the nvidia logo pop up upon reboot. Never saw that before so assume that the drivers are actually running for once. You're telling me these aren't the right drivers since I didn't get them from nvidia or just telling me about the difference in drivers available via yum repos?