[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Oct 13 22:32:30 UTC 2010

>>> You just have to explicitly state that you want the PAE one (or run the non-
>>> PAE kernel).

Well, the last time I installed this using yum, it was, and has been since, using the PAE kernel. I did ask if I needed to have a specific repo enabled but didn't see a reply on that. When I did it, yum picked up the non PAE version.

> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/updates/12/i386/kmod-nvidia-
> 2.6.32.21-168.fc12.i686.PAE-195.36.31-1.fc12.5.i686.rpm
>
> Install that. Observe nVidia graphics drivers working. Be happy.

Yes, for the first time ever, I saw the nvidia logo flashing as the system was booting. I don't have the card connected to TV yet, I was working on getting the front end working first. Maybe someone has replied with more information on how to use the PVR-500 else I'll have to move the 1600 back in again.

Thanks very much, I've made notes of course.