[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 18:59:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 7:35 AM, barbex <barbex at gmail.com> wrote:

> The PVR 500 has two tuners so it is correct that they take two
> devices. In Mythtv you have to set them up as MPEG-2 encoders. If
> that's what you have everything looks fine.
> As for tuning I just added the channels by hand according to the list
> from my provider but that may be different in the US (assuming that's
> where you're located).

Wow, people like to do things the hard way.

If you are in USA/Canada, there is no need to add channels by hand for the
PVR-500.  You don't need to scan, either.  Simply setup a lineup at
schedulesdirect, and pull it with mythfilldatabase.

I'm pretty sure that this is covered well in the documentation.