[mythtv-users] Best way to submit debug data for Mythbuntu 0.24 autobuilds

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:51:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:17 PM, James Crow <crow.jamesm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>  On 10/11/2010 08:09 AM, James Crow wrote:
<snip>

>> Another option is to run mythbackend normally, then attach gdb to the
>> running (and locked up) process, as at
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/gdb/download/onlinedocs/gdb/Attach.html#Attach
>>
>> Find the process ID for the appropriate mythbackend process (remember that
>> in 0.23-fixes and below, some mythbackend processes are used to generate
>> previews, so you will likely want to use the oldest of the processes).
>>
>> ps -efw | grep mythback
>>
>> Once you know the process ID, start gdb and submit the commands:
>>
>> handle SIGPIPE nostop noprint
>> handle SIG33 nostop noprint
>> set logging on
>> set pagination off
>> set breakpoint pending on
>> break qFatal
>> thread apply all bt full
>>
>> and once you've gotten the information you need,
>>
>> set logging off
>>
>> Once you've been through the process, free to clean up the instructions (and
>> fix any incorrect info I put in) and add a new section 4 to:
>>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

My MBE locked up again last night. I was sitting at my desktop when I
noticed and I was able to generate a gdb backtrace. The gdb.txt file
is ~129k. Should I just open a new ticket with the gdb log and the
mythbackend.log file or do I need to trim some of the data from the
gdb.txt log?

Thanks,
James