[mythtv-users] Automatically pausing playback

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Oct 12 19:14:50 UTC 2010

  Hi,

Sometime ago I wrote simple perl script (based on well known VonageSniff
script) which is doing simple VoIP integration with my home MythTV system.
Script sniffs for all SIP packets, and when INVITE(incoming call),
BYE(ending call) are discovered it pauses all my frontends.
Script has state machine and is current fe state aware (if fw is playing
- script pauses it, if fe is paused, script only shows info). It is also
multi-threaded so many FEs are services concurrently and independently.
At the beginning You have config area - it should be selfexplanatory.
It requires some perl packages to be installed first !

Unfortunately since 0.24, OSD hasn't CID/MSG notification container, so
now my FE are paused/unpaused by VoIP calls - but no nice CID osd infos....

Hope You will find if useful....