[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Oct 12 12:54:24 UTC 2010

  Op 11-10-2010 19:01, mike at grounded.net schreef:
>>   Wrong.  The display is missing BECAUSE the drivers are missing, so
>>   there's no way X can find the display.  It's not a separate issue at
>>   all.
> The reason I'm thinking this is also because I've also installed using the generic drivers I think they were called, non nvidia and still had the 'missing display' problems.
>
> Bottom line is I simply would like to get this working so it would be nice if all it was are the missing nvidia drivers then.

Been reading quite a few of your threads with non-working nvidia installs...
Do you still use scan-converters or whatever connected to the machine
you're installing? I might very well be that they don't respond
correctly to the probe, then the driver won;t start because there's no
screen that can be configured...
I've done several installs with Nvidia-cards and prefer them to be
connected to the TV-set when installing because it helps making things
just work, with HDMI I can install anywhere as that just seems to work
always and only audio presents a problem sometimes.

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra