[mythtv-users] Xvideo Adapter

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 11 22:23:07 UTC 2010

  On 10/11/2010 04:05 PM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Xvideo is one of the X11 server extensions. Its used for accelerated
> video rendering. The extension presents as one or more "adapters". In
> the case of many of the Intel video chips, there are two one of which
> is the overlay video adapter, the other the textured video adapter.
> The latter tends to be more cpu intensive but is more up to date.
>
> The XV API lets the application list the adapters and their
> capabilities and choose which to use..
>
> If you run "xvinfo", you can see the choices.
>
> Mplayer and vlc both have options to let you select which adapter. As
> far as I know mythfrontend just uses the first in the list, and I was
> asking if this is still true.
>
> The alternative is to set an option in the xorg.conf file to set the
> order that the Xserver will give the adapters in the list. However,
> this means restarting the server to make a change.

What OSD rendering are you using?  Make sure it's not the using
chromakey, or mythfrontend will refuse to use an adapter that doesn't
support chromakey--such as the textured video adapter.  Edit your
Playback Profile group to make sure none of the profiles are using
chromakey.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles

Mike