[mythtv-users] Mythvideo (metadata)

Tom Gerrard mythtv at simpletcpip.com
Mon Oct 11 13:50:10 UTC 2010

> My metadata downloads have stopped working for some reason. I have been
> running trunk for several years, and have always been able to work out my
> problems,but this one has me stumped..
>  I started noticing that some rips I did of the TV series The Unit wouldn't
> work and the frontend log showed that no results were found.. I naming
> scheme The Unit s01e01.mkv
> 2010-10-09 16:39:03.687 Running Grabber:
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M The Unit
> 2010-10-09 16:39:04.438 No results found for The Unit 1 1

For what it's worth I seem to have the same problem, after updating
from the JYA trunk repo to the mythbuntu nightly trunk builds a few
days ago (to fix the generation of screenshots on recordings).  The
command written to the log does work correctly when run by hand,
however a LAN trace does not show it accessing the internet when I hit
the 'W' key.  I had a quick browse through the code and can't see any
way of troubleshooting further without modifying metadatadownload.cpp
& compiling from source.

My software versions are the same as yours, did you have any luck fixing it?

Tom