[mythtv-users] gt220 and 0.24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 02:13:52 UTC 2010

Hi

On 11 October 2010 12:05, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the TV I am using to test .24 on is just that - a TV..
> No digital (other than pcm) involved..  I have tried with and without
> pcm checked in the new audio screen.  Same results.

Then select the hdmi device that should show in the list of detected device.
LPCM, AC3 and DTS should be unchecked
So Stereo as speaker configuration will be selected.

My guess is that the channel you are trying to play and having problem
with are 5.1 ; when downmixed to stereo they will likely have
different audio level than plain stereo ones.
For AC3 content, myth let ffmpeg do the downmix and so far it hasn't
shown to be that good..

I could always add a setting to use myth downmixer instead ; but for
AC3 it's going to be less efficient as ffmpeg can only decode the
required channel instead of decoding 6 channels and downmix them.