[mythtv-users] VNC into MAIN desktop?

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Sun Oct 10 11:35:08 UTC 2010

Not quite sure how to explain this one but here goes.
I don't yet have IR installed on the myth box I'm building so cannot control it from remote. I do however have vnc remote desktop of course and the problem is that when I VNC into the server, it's not the current desktop which I have output on TV.

So, is there some way of using VNC such that it can take over the actual desktop and not create a new one? Without that, I need to run back to the PC to start the front end, etc since I don't have mouse control in main desktop.

I hope that makes sense :)