[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:27:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

>> > I have a message on the mythdora site so hope to get a reply since google
>> > isn't leaving to a solution so far. I re-installed using the mythdora
>> > dvd and this time, didn't pick any of the nvidia drivers. At least now
>> > the system boots into x and I have access to everything I need to
>> > manually install the drivers if I can figure out which ones this card
>> > users.
>>
>> It uses the most recent nvidia drivers available..  Currently anything
>> as new or newer than a 6200 series uses the latest and greatest
>> driver..
>>
>> > By the way, since you're using it, thought you might know.
>> > The card has both an HDMI and DVI outputs. Is there a breakup cable
>> > available that will allow for any other output such as composite or
>> > s-video?
>>
>> Any new nvidia card with only hdmi/vga/dvi connectors will need an
>> external convertor to get to analog tv inputs...  I just bought one
>> for my sister from china for $15 shipped.  It works great..
>
> What does it do with HD? Does it convert down to SD resolution somehow?
>
> If it does, I'd be interested in more information on where to get it.
>
> "China" is a little vague, and would cover just about any electronics you can buy today :-)

It is vga -> vga/composite/s-video..  No HD conversion..  I bought it
on ebay and just got it yesterday.  Works good with a revo 1600 going
into her 4:3 sony though.. As good as anything Im willing to invest in
for an old tv anyway..  You'd have to be pretty dumb to buy an
expensive convertor for an old crt...  Unless you have one of those
52" mammoths you just cannot break free from  :)  Time for a natural
disaster in your homes  :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-VGA-To-TV-Converter-Switch-Box-S-Video-Adaptor-s088_W0QQitemZ200469378586QQcategoryZ41999QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m506QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DNGRI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D130436802327%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5083806794945299302#ht_2151wt_907