[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Oct 10 17:16:57 UTC 2010

On Saturday, October 09, 2010 11:01:40 pm mike at grounded.net wrote:
> >�Sorry - I have 0 experience with mythdora, so I do not know what
> >�window manager, login-manager, etc it runs..
>
> I have a message on the mythdora site so hope to get a reply since google
> isn't leaving to a solution so far. I re-installed using the mythdora dvd
> and this time, didn't pick any of the nvidia drivers. At least now the
> system boots into x and I have access to everything I need to manually
> install the drivers if I can figure out which ones this card users.
>
> By the way, since you're using it, thought you might know.
> The card has both an HDMI and DVI outputs. Is there a breakup cable
> available that will allow for any other output such as composite or
> s-video?

I doubt it. HDMI and DVI are similar digital outputs, composite and s-video are analog outputs.

No breakout cable can convert HDM/DVI to component/composite analog. The signals are very different.

The card would have to have analog output capability, and would then probably have a connector that looks like an s-video
connector, with an adapter to convert to composite (by combining the luminance and chrominance signals into one
conductor).

That's one reason the newer video cards are cheaper, they don't have TV encoders on them (NTSC or PAL).

Neither composite or s-video is designed for HD, they are SD-only animals.