[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:12:28 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:01 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> Sorry - I have 0 experience with mythdora, so I do not know what
>> window manager, login-manager, etc it runs..
>
> I have a message on the mythdora site so hope to get a reply since google isn't leaving to a solution so far.
> I re-installed using the mythdora dvd and this time, didn't pick any of the nvidia drivers. At least now the system boots into x and I have access to everything I need to manually install the drivers if I can figure out which ones this card users.

It uses the most recent nvidia drivers available..  Currently anything
as new or newer than a 6200 series uses the latest and greatest
driver..

> By the way, since you're using it, thought you might know.
> The card has both an HDMI and DVI outputs. Is there a breakup cable available that will allow for any other output such as composite or s-video?

Any new nvidia card with only hdmi/vga/dvi connectors will need an
external convertor to get to analog tv inputs...  I just bought one
for my sister from china for $15 shipped.  It works great..