[mythtv-users] 2 of 3 HD-5500 cards seen on power up, all 3 on reboot?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 16:04:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM, malcolm <malcolm.torrent at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/10/10 16:22, Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>> Here's what lspci shows, first after power up (when only two cards are
>> >  recognized) and second after reboot:
>>

> try swapping the 'dodgy' card to a different PCI slot or bus. That helped
> when I had a similar problem.

Not long ago I actually had one of my HD-5500's die.  In the process
of ensuring that it was actually bad I swapped the cards around in
every possible way, so I really don't think there is any dodgy card.
I'm not even sure that it always misses the same card on power up.

I think Brian's correct that this is likely to be  power issue.  The
PSU I put in it was pretty feather-weight for a supposed 400W PSU.

Tom