[mythtv-users] nVidia ION2 brightnes/dimming

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Fri Oct 8 14:48:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 08:20 -0500, Dave Richardson wrote:
> I had a SHARP LCD that had an enabled-by-default Advanced setting called
> something like Dynamic Contrast or Dynamic Brightness.  I panicked badly
> about the issues it was creating (that I was associating with Myth) until
> someone on this list advised me that such settings exist and need to
> disabled with prejudice.

I'm using a Sharp LC-37GP1U. I checked the OPC (dynamic brightness based
on surrounding light) setting this morning and it's off, so
unfortunately, that's not it. I've been using this display for the past
few years with my previous frontend (nVidia 9500 w/ DVI) without this
issue, suggesting to me it's something with the ION2 box. I guess I
could hook up a different monitor to see if the problem goes away...

I'm currently using the 195.36.24 drivers. It was suggested that
updating to the beta nVidia drivers might fix this issue, so I'll give
that a shot this weekend.

Thanks,
Joe